How we use data information relating to subscriptions for waste and recycling updates
The categories of this information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- personal information (email address and/or name)
Why we collect and use this information
Suffolk County Council (SCC) would like to store and use your data to:
- send waste and recycling updates to keep you informed about our Recycling Centres, changes to services and other useful information pertaining to waste and recycling
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use this information under the GDPR legal basis of ‘Consent’. You have the right at any time to withdraw consent by unsubscribing from our e-updates by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of your last e-update or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Collecting this information
We collect this information when you opt in to subscribe to our waste and recycling news online or in person at events.
Storing this information
We will keep your email addresses until you unsubscribe from our services.
Who we share this information with
Why we share this information
We share this data in order to send information and updates by email.
Data collection requirements
SCC has robust processes in place to ensure the confidentiality of our data is maintained and there are stringent controls in place regarding access and use of the data.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, individuals have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact Data.Protection@suffolk.gov.uk.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
SCC’s corporate privacy notice is available here.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact:
Telephone: 03456 066067
Waste Management, Suffolk County Council, Endeavour House, Ipswich IP1 2BX